31 July 2010

So, I've been a total blog failure this Summer. Sorry about that.

I come home on Wednesday. That's so crazy. Time has totally flown by. There have been some awesome moments, some sad ones, some boring ones, and many exciting ones.

Today, I said goodbye to the boys from the farm, and some of the staff. Here are a couple highlights:

First, last night, Orlando, one of the guys who helps run the farm, showed me a video last night. The video was of this guy named Nick Vujicic who has no arms or legs. He goes around speaking to huge crowds about Christ. I had seen the video before, and it's pretty legit. I normally like to stay away from "overcoming adversity" people, but this guy has a freakin' awesome message. Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td069At34TM
Anyway, Orlando told me that I remind him of this guy, which was really encouraging.

Second, today, I gave my watch to one of the kids at the farm. It cost me 8000 pesos (which is about 4 dollars) downtown in Medellin, but it really meant a lot to him. He then gave me something in return, along with an encouraging note. "Amigos por siempre"


So yeah, spending the last couple nights here in the city before I have to say more goodbyes. Hopefully, tomorrow, I will get another chance to talk to a guy I met at church a couple weeks ago. He told me about his life....which was filled with a lot of gang stuff, killing, drugs, and other crazy stuff. But he wants to change, and probably has changed a ton, but still struggles with the desire to return to that type of life. For some reason, he chose me, the gringo with limited Spanish, to open up to. So, while he was crying (this is a guy who at first seemed to have his stuff together) and sharing about everything, I was sitting there trying to pick up as many words as possible. We read Romans 8 and I got to share the story of Paul and how God used someone who did terrible things in his past (like kill lots of people) and some other stuff.

So.....I'll update again soon with more things that have happened this summer. Dios les bendiga!

1 comment:

  1. For some reason my RSS feed did not tell me about this post. Rude. So I'm just now reading it!

    We watched TWO Nick Vujicic videos at LT this summer haha. They were legit!

    My favorite part (in the video we watched) was when he said "You ask God, 'Why?' and He says, 'Do you trust me?'"

    I think that's something I really need to take to heart, that even when I don't understand why God is doing something, He does, and even if He doesn't fill me in, I should trust Him.

    ReplyDelete

Carpe diem. Seize the day. Aprovecha el día.

Go big or go home.